5 Easy steps to self improvement
How many times do you find yourself thinking that you wish you were better at something. I know I do. I wish that I was a better runner, swimmer, actually now I come to think about it, I wish I was better at sports all round.
Well if you follow the five simple tips below provided to me by one of my girlfriends in the fitness space you can be! Why not try the following:
- Get stronger. Next time you are doing resistance training, gently increase the weights that you are lifting. When that increased weight becomes the norm, then increase it again. Building up your strength in this way will increase your muscle mass. Tick in the box – you have improved you overall strength.
- Run further. Stamina is as easy to increase as it is to lose. Add a little distance to each run. Even if it is only 0.25 kms each time you go out, if you run 4 times a week by the end of the week you will have increased your running distance by a kilometre. You are now better at running further.
- Run faster. This is the same trick as above but simply swapping distance for speed. If you can knock a second off your personal best then you are a faster runner. This is what athletes do. The faster you are then the better you are if speed is the measure.
- Improve your diet. This is an easy one. Remove one ‘bad’ item from your diet each weak and replace it with one healthy food source. Almonds for chocolates for instance. Hey presto, you have improved your diet. In a matter of weeks you will feel the overall benefits.
- Do more exercise. Try this. Each time you come into the house adopt the routine go doing 10 press ups, 10 squats and 10 sit ups. After a week increase all three by two. Continue increasing it week on week. This will improve your fitness.
Have a go and please let me know how you get on.